The EVV Hard Launch policy and timeline are now available!
“For dates of service on and after January 1, 2022, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) will begin imposing consequences when electronic visit verification (EVV) data is not captured for required services.” – ForwardHealth Update 2021-23
For more information about the EVV policy for your program, please visit:
7/27/21 ForwardHealth Update (includes Family Care EVV policy): https://www.forwardhealth.wi.gov/kw/pdf/2021-23.pdf
IRIS EVV Policy (P03053): https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p03053.pdf
Family Care: Please check back for updates as the payment policy has not been released yet.
Follow the steps on this page to make sure you are prepared for EVV. Visit the Additional Resources and Partner Resources sections below for supplemental information that will help you be successful in implementing EVV.
Getting Started with EVV
1. The worker will need to apply for an EVV ID which will allow them to log their EVV visits. The worker's most up-to-date email address and residence status are required.
- Email Address Submission Form (electronic submission form)
- This email address is where workers will receive important information on EVV, including EVV ID information necessary to log EVV visits.
- This email address is also where they will receive the automated Sandata email to set up their Sandata Mobile Connect (SMC) account if they qualify for EVV. Please note that the email address will be the username.
- *Email must be unique to a single worker. It cannot be shared by multiple workers.
- Please Note: You may be exempt from EVV if you are a live-in worker. For the purposes of EVV, a live-in worker is a worker who permanently resides in the same residence as the client receiving services.
- IRIS: Please complete and return the following form to the IC or iLIFE if you meet the definition of a live-in worker. Please be sure to include the requested proof of residence.
- Family Care: Please complete and return the following form to iLIFE if you meet the definition for a live-in worker. Please be sure to include the requested proof of residence.
2. Decide on which of the three EVV options will work best for the client and worker. For more information on the EVV options, click on the URLs below.
3. Look over the training materials specific to the EVV option that has been chosen. Reference guides and training videos are provided below.
Mobile Visit Verification (MVV)
Telephonic Visit Verification (TVV)
Fixed Visit Verification (FVV)
The FVV Tracking Form is used when clocking in and out of EVV to keep track of your visit information. Do not submit this form to iLIFE. We do, however, recommend keeping it for your records.
4. Forget to log a visit or made a mistake?
IRIS ONLY – The corrections process for Inclusa and My Choice Wisconsin is still being determined.
Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
For the most up-to-date information on EVV, please be sure to regularly check the DHS website below: